Mission and Vision Statement
Advancing excellence in paediatric endocrinology and diabetes by promoting research, education and medical practice to the benefit of child and adolescent health throughout the world.
The European Society for Paediatric Endocrinology (ESPE) is an international society based in Europe that promotes the highest levels of clinical care for infants, children and adolescents with endocrine problems throughout the world, including in less advantaged areas.
It does so by:
- promoting and supporting education and research by its year round educational activities and annual scientific meetings intended for clinicians, nurses and other health professionals, and basic scientists
- developing and assessing evidence-based clinical guidance and standards of care
- organising and monitoring training activities
- serving and communicating effectively with its members and working closely with the international scientific community, other societies, institutions and authorities, including patient advocacy groups, to expand and disseminate knowledge
- working to the highest ethical standards and rigorously appraising and evaluating its own activities
Benefit to children and adolescents is the prime motivator and consideration underpinning all ESPE activities.
The mission of ESPE is to advance excellence in paediatric endocrinology, diabetes and bone disorders by promoting research, education and medical practice to the benefit of child and adolescent health throughout the world.
To be the leading society in paediatric endocrinology that aims for excellence in clinical care, research and education through innovation, collaboration and technology.
- Develop and assess evidence-based clinical standards of care
- Organise and monitor training activities specifically designed to fulfil the specific needs of trainees
- Work closely with other international organisations to expand and disseminate knowledge
- Serve and communicate effectively with members at all stages of their career and practice in the field of paediatric endocrinology and diabetes
- Facilitate international collaborations to promote scientific discovery and knowledge dissemination that will then impact on patient care
- Work to the highest ethical standards