Undergraduate Achievement Award
The ESPE Undergraduate Achievement Award aims to attract early-career scientists and clinicians into paediatric endocrinology at the undergraduate level by recognising high achievement in the field. Given the increasing emphasis on specialisation at an earlier stage in career development, there is a need to increase exposure to paediatric endocrinology during the early formative years.
Overview of the grant
The ESPE Undergraduate Achievement Award is open to all undergraduates, medical and non-medical, and is awarded for scientific achievement in the specific field of paediatric endocrinology. The recipients will be awarded a free registration and a grant of €750 shall be provided to support travel & accommodation to the recipient when attending the next physical ESPE Annual Meeting in 2022.
A total of 6 grants will be available each year, totalling €4500 per year. In the application form, a supporting statement from an existing ESPE member will be required. The student must submit an abstract as first author to the annual meeting (deadline 19th April 2022) to which they intend on attending, this will be verified by the Science Committee after the abstract selection process. The student must attend the annual meeting stated in the application form. The students who are awarded the achievement award will receive a certificate from ESPE.
ESPE is not currently accepting grant applications from Russia or Belarus
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
A maximum of 6 applicants will be selected by the Science Committee. Based on the following criteria:
- High achievement as an undergraduate.
- An undergraduate includes those enrolled as a medical student as well as those undertaking a MSc or a BSc.
- An abstract must be submitted and accepted for the upcoming ESPE Annual Meeting, to be cross checked with the ESPE Annual Meeting Programme Organising Committee (who select abstracts). Submit your abstract online now.
- A supporting statement from an existing ESPE member in good standing must be submitted with the application.
- The applicant must attend the Annual Meeting that the abstract was accepted for
If you have any queries regarding the scientific content of your application please contact the Undergraduate Achievement Award convenor Dr Marek Niedziela (email@example.com) for discussion. Any queries regarding documentation administration, both in the application stage and in the grant claim stage, should be directed toward the ESPE Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Post Award information
The form below is for recipients of this grant only. A grant payment form should be submitted within 6 months of being awarded the grant.