ESPE Working Group on Gender Incongruence
The aim of the ESPE Working Group on Gender Incongruence is to refine the clinical care and treatment of young people, to understand the global perspective and provide education and training for generalist and specialist practitioners.
Programme for the Annual Meeting Symposium in Vienna
The Annual Meeting Symposium for the Gender Incongruence Working Group will take place on Thursday 19 September 2019 at 08:00-10:00 in Vienna, Austria.
Report on activities from 2019
The Working Group published the following paper:
Skordis N, Butler G, de Vries M.C, Main K, Hannema S.E.
ESPE and PES International Survey of Centers and Clinicians Delivering Specialist Care for Children and Adolescents with Gender Dysphoria.
Horm Res Paediatr 2018;90:1–6 https://doi.org/10.1159/000496115
Plans for 2019/20 agreed at AGM:
- To change the name of the WG to Gender Incongruence in line with WHO ICD 11 terminology
- To consider resubmitting for ESPE RU grant for startup project (subsequently not available).
- To obtain a new circulation list and then advertise for members of the steering committee and convener roles from 2020.
- To consider the development of an ESPE e-learning module.
- To convene a ESPE Gender Incongruence guidelines development group following the re-connection with interested members.
ESPE Science Symposium
The WG planned the ESPE Science Symposium London in October 2018 over 1.5 days. This had a variety of international speakers covering basic science, biology and therapeutics. It was attended by around 100 delegates and feedback was excellent. Read more about it here.
The ESPE Gender Incongruence working group would like to compile an up-to-date email list to be held confidentially by the convener to alert for working group activities, request for participation in projects and advising on the Annual General Meeting in Liverpool 2020. Please email the convener Gary Butler on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added to this contact group.
For further information on the activities of this Working Group please contact the Coordinator Gary Butler at email@example.com
Working Group Members
count:1 | colItems:2 | rowClosed:False
count:2 | colItems:2 | rowClosed:True
Martine de Vries
count:3 | colItems:2 | rowClosed:False
count:4 | colItems:2 | rowClosed:True
count:5 | colItems:2 | rowClosed:False