Clinical Fellowship Committee Chair vacancy
Deadline: 3 November 2022
We are seeking applications for the Chair position of the ESPE Clinical Fellowship Committee. The 3-year appointment will start in December 2022 and has arisen due to the end of the second term of office of Violeta Iotova. The Clinical Fellowship programme is intended for paediatric endocrinologists in training, with special emphasis on those from countries with limited local training possibilities. Most of the fellowships are offered for the duration of 3 to 6 months. Applications are accepted from all over the world and following the selection process, the applicants are recommended to choose a European centre of excellence for their training.
The role of the Clinical Fellowship Committee includes the following and the Chair is supported by a Secretary and the rest of the Committee:
- Supervising the application of funding from the sponsor and negotiating with the representatives of the sponsor
- Setting the budget
- Fair distribution of the funds of the Programme
- Preparation and processing of the fellows’ application and selection process
- Supporting the fellows’ progress and related issues throughout the year (finding and communication with Host Centres, etc.);
- Participation in the evaluation of the individual Fellows’ outcomes (Clinical Fellowship Completion Report);
- Annual and long-term audits and presentation of the programme at the Annual Meeting if required;
- Taking overall responsibility for the smooth representing the programme, incl. published materials, and reporting in front of ESPE Membership, Council and external bodies, as well as constant contact with ESPE Financial and Strategic Planning Committee;
- Physical presence at the Annual ESPE Meetings (self-supported) where the obligatory ESPE Clinical Fellowship Committee once-a-year face to face meeting takes place;
- Taking part in the ESPE Education & Training Committee as a Chair of one of the Programmes under its umbrella and engaging in discussions on wider education activities on offer by ESPE
How to apply
The appointment will be made by the ESPE Council following recommendation by the Clinical Fellowship Committee.
If you are interested in applying for this post, please send an electronic copy of your CV and a covering letter, stating your interest in and suitability for the role, to the ESPE Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org by 3 November 2022.
All applicants should read the ESPE Committee Guidelines before applying.