Communication Committee Chair
General Council Responsibilities:
- Council Meetings
- Attendance at four Council meetings per year; two face to face and two via teleconference.
- Prepare a report to present at each Council meeting detailing the progress made with any outstanding role-specific projects.
- Email communication
- Participate in Council discussions via email on key matters relating to Council and ESPE business.
- Respond to Council emails in a timely fashion.
- Take responsibility for role-specific responsibilities as outlined below and ensure that agreed actions are carried out within the expected timeframe.
- Director and Trustee of ESPE
- Be registered as a Director of the registered company and Trustee of the charity.
- All Council members have a responsibility to ensure that the ESPE is managed legally and to best practice and to ensure that it does not enter into any financial obligations that it does not have funds to meet.
- Conflicts of interest
- Provide details to the ESPE Team of any conflicts of interest that may be relevant to their role as Council member. These will be added to the Declaration of Interests Register .
- All Council members have equal responsibilities in law to act honestly, fairly, in good faith and in the interests of ESPE. No Council member may put the interests of another organisation, or of a subset of members, before the general good of ESPE.
- Council members are not permitted to participate in industry-run satellite symposia that take place during the official ESPE Annual Meeting.
- Council members are not permitted to accept payment of travel, accommodation and registration fees for the official ESPE Annual Meeting from the pharmaceutical industry.
- Chair the ESPE Communication Committee
- Preside over the committee and convene meetings three times per year, including one face-to-face meeting at ESPE’s Annual Meeting.
- Lead on the development of ESPE’s communication strategy across all activities, in line with ESPE’s overall strategic aims.
- With the committee, develop plans to deliver on the strategy via relevant channels, working with Bioscientifica and other suppliers as required.
- ESPE Newsletter
- Review and approve the quarterly newsletter, managed by the Newsletter Editorial Board, feeding in strategic input as necessary.
- ESPE Electronic News Alerts
- Be available to approve drafts of the monthly News Alert (developed by Bioscientifica) within 48 hours. Ensure the best promotion of ESPE activities.
- ESPE Connect Area - shared responsibility with Bioscientifica
- Work with Bioscientifica to ensure ESPE’s core activities and membership are publicised appropriately from the ESPE Connect stand at the ESPE Annual Meeting.
- Communication with ESPE members and the press
- Work with specialist agencies and the ESPE Team as required and if identified as a priority in the communications strategy to disseminate information to the lay public, other learned societies and ESPE members.
- ESPE website
- Oversee and contribute to the evolution and content of the ESPE website, feeding into Bioscientifica as appropriate
Travel expenses and associated costs for attendance at ESPE Council and Committee meetings will be paid by ESPE.
For details on how to apply, see the Council vacancies call for nominations.