Early Career Paediatric Endocrinologists Taskforce Vacancies
Deadline: 15 September 2021
Applications are now invited from ESPE members to join a new Early Career Paediatric Endocrinologists (ECPE) Taskforce. The ECPE Taskforce will be initiated for a 12-month period with the purpose of developing a strategy for how ESPE can recognise the needs of young paediatric Endocrinologists and support their growth and collaboration within ESPE. The group will report to the Chair of Education & Training Committee (ETC).
There are 5 vacancies available for members of the Taskforce, who will have equal standing in the group and sit alongside the Chair, Rade Vukovic.
Please note that the ECPE Taskforce will not be a formal ESPE committee. The Chair and member posts will be for a 12-month period only.
- ESPE member.
- Trainees in paediatric endocrinology OR specialists 5 years after completing the PhD.
- Being board-certified (or board-eligible) by the nation's accreditation body in one of the following areas: paediatric endocrinology, paediatric diabetology, endocrinology, diabetology or Paediatrics.
- Published at least one endocrine- related paper in a peer-reviewed internationally ranked journal as a leading author or co- author.
- Participated in at least one ESPE educational activity (e.g. schools, clinical fellowship, science symposium, e-learning) or comparable activity at national/international level or made a significant contribution to the teaching of paediatric endocrinology.
- Attended at least one ESPE Annual Meeting.
- Good command of English.
- Satisfactory reference from Head of Department and/or coordinator of an attended ESPE educational activity.
- Had oral or poster presentation in ESPE annual meeting or similar.
- Won an ESPE or similar prize/scientific award.
- Experience in community or voluntary activities.
If you would like to apply for these positions please send an email with short cover letter outlining your motivation and suitability for the vacancy, together with your CV, to the ESPE Team at: email@example.com by 15 September 2021.
The appointment will be made by the ESPE Council, based on the recommendation of the Taskforce and ETC Chairs.