ESPE Connect Webinar Series – Assistant Convenor Vacancy
Deadline: 30 September 2021
The successful candidate will work alongside the ESPE Connect Webinar Series Convenor. This is a new role created to run an important new initiative with ESPE. The term is for 1-year initially with an option to extend a further 2 years depending on the success of the programme. The 1-year appointment will start by September 2021.
The ESPE Connect Webinar series is a new initiative which aims to cover all main topics in paediatric endocrinology and diabetes during the course of the editorial calendar. Initially the webinars will take place every other month, but they could run more often depending on the success and demand. The agreed aims of the webinar series are:
- To provide quality current/topical content or education for the benefit of audiences that is complimentary of other content produced.
- To continue engagement with our audiences in the absence of physical meetings and to keep up engagement year-round, beyond our meetings.
- To establish a presence in the virtual space ahead of ESPE Live.
- To help the Corporate Relations Manager to Generate profit via sponsorship to try and offset the reliance on the Annual Meeting.
- Brand extension and reach a wider audience.
The assistant convenor should have a good knowledge of paediatric endocrinology. In addition, the assistant convenor should be an ESPE member in good standing and a trainee in paediatric endocrinology or specialist 5 years after completing the PhD. It is preferable to have previous experience in organising webinars and/or educational activities.
The tasks of the ESPE Connect assistant Convenor are:
- Assisting the Convenor to liaise across the ESPE Committees to develop a programme of content to be delivered via the webinars.
- Helping to identify topics, potential speakers and chairs for each webinar and oversee the organisation of the webinars in collaboration with the convenor and event manager.
- Being a member of the ESPE connect webinar task force along with the convenor, Program Organising Committee representative, event manager and Corporate Relations Manager.
- Helping the convenor and the Corporate Relations Manager with regards to potential sponsors.
- Attending ETC meeting on behalf of convenor if he/she is occasionally unable to attend.
This is an important new venture for ESPE and will provide much needed content and updates for our audiences.
If you are interested in applying for this post, please send an electronic copy of your CV and a covering letter to the ESPE Team at: email@example.com by 30 September 2021.
The appointment will be made by the ESPE Council following recommendation by the Education & Training Committee.
All applicants should read the ESPE Committee Guidelines before applying.