ESPE PETCA/PETCWA Joint Coordinator vacancy
Deadline: 9 November 2020
The ESPE Education and Training Committee (ETC) is seeking applications from ESPE members for the post of PETCA/PETCWA Joint Coordinator. This new position has been established to oversee and coordinate the transition phase of ESPE aspects of the PETCA/PETCWA training programme when Professor Ieuan Hughes, the current ESPE PETCA coordinator, completes his term at the end of 2020. The appointee will work closely with the other Joint Coordinator newly recruited by ASPAE Council and the Coordinator for ISPAD which also supports the programme. The ESPE/ASPAE Joint Coordinator duo will manage and orchestrate a gradual transition phase of financial support from ESPE towards the aim of a self-sustaining model by 2024.
It is desirable if the successful applicant has experience of the PETCA/PETCWA programme and the annual ASPAE conference or does have experience of working in sub-Saharan Africa in some capacity. The Joint Coordinators will be members of the Taskforce set up by Ieuan Hughes in 2019 to coordinate the transition phase. Other members include the Directors of the PETCA and PETCWA centres, the President of ASPAE, the Coordinator of the sub-Saharan School and the ISPAD Coordinator for the PETCA/PETCWA programme. There will be a process of handover of responsibilities during December 2020 between the current ESPE Coordinator and the newly appointed Joint Coordinators.
The ESPE PETCA/PETCWA Joint Coordinator remit:
- To develop.
- To liaise with the ASPAE PETCA/PETCWA coordinator in the implementing and management of the transition phase from 2021-2024 based on the transition proposal formulated by the PETCA/PETCWA Taskforce and approved by ESPE Council in September 2020.
- To provide regular reports to the ESPE ETC on the general development of the transition progress and programme.
- To provide an annual review of the PETCA/PETCWA budget for approval by the Chair of the ESPE Strategic and Finance Committee.
- To contribute to the evolution and development of other ESPE activities as appropriate, in line with the Education and Training strategy.
As an executive member of the Education and Training Committee, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Attend quarterly meetings (two face-to-face and two by teleconference each year*)
- Contribute to ongoing discussions via email throughout the year within the remit of the Education and Training Committee
The ESPE Joint Coordinator will hold office for a term of three years (starting on January 1st, 2021).
How to apply
To apply for this post, please send an email outlining your suitability for the vacancy, together with your CV, to the ESPE Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org by 9 November 2020.
The appointment will be made by the ESPE Council following recommendation by the ETC.
All applicants should read the ESPE Committee Guidelines before applying.
Interested applicants are welcome to contact Ieuan Hughes (email@example.com) for informal discussions and further information about the work of the Taskforce.
* Subject to COVID-19 restrictions