Syllabus Short-Term Task Force Vacancies
Deadline: 1 September 2019
Applications are now invited from ESPE members to join a new short-term task force for 12-18 months from September 2019 (ideally at the Annual Meeting), with the purpose of updating the European Training Syllabus in Paediatric Endocrinology. There are 3 vacancies available.
The Task Force, led by Syllabus Convener Leena Patel, aims to update the 2013 version of the European Training Syllabus in Paediatric Endocrinology, in line with the EAP European training requirements (ETRs) to ensure continued harmonisation and quality of training throughout Europe.
Task force members will be expected to work collaboratively to update the Syllabus within the next 12-18 months. This involves:
- communicating clearly and in a timely manner with the Syllabus Convener and members of the Task force using email and teleconference
- attending in person a meeting of the task force if this is required (most likely at the Annual Meeting)
- defining and agreeing a clear work plan for updating the syllabus within 12-18 months
- reviewing the current 2013 syllabus
- contributing to the content of the updated syllabus
- preparing the updated syllabus in the format determined by UEMS (Union Européenne des Médecins Spécialistes - European Union of Medical Specialists). This includes: 1. The content of training and learning outcomes (theoretical knowledge, clinical and practical skills, levels of competencies and domains of professionalism); 2. Organisation of training (schedule of training, curriculum of training, assessment and evaluation)
If you would like to apply for these positions please send an email outlining your suitability for the vacancy, together with your CV, to the ESPE Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 September 2019. The appointment will be made by the ESPE Council, based on the recommendation of the Syllabus Convener and Education & Training Committee Chair.
All applicants should read the ESPE Committee Guidelines before applying.