ESPE Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for Funding Consensus Meetings and Guideline Development
The main aims of Consensus Meetings and Guidelines are:
- To address a specific clinical topic
- To review all evidence on the management of that topic
- To discuss the strength of this evidence and formulate management plans
- To generate a concise, clear write-up that can be used widely in clinical management by ensuring its publication in a relevant journal.
- To highlight areas of management where evidence is lacking and research is required
Each proposal needs to be approved by the CPC and ESPE Council.