The Maghreb School aims to promote the training and education of paediatric endocrinologists in French–speaking North African countries. For five days, an international faculty of French-speaking teachers and 25 students cover selected topics in paediatric endocrinology and diabetes. The seminar features interactive lectures by the teachers, student case presentations, research project workshops and small-group meetings. The School is designed for doctors in training who have at least 3 years of experience in paediatrics; six months or more of experience in endocrinology; and who hope to develop a career with a major interest in paediatric endocrinology.
ESPE is pleased to announce that the 9th Maghreb School will take place this year in Sousse, Tunisia from 19-22 November 2019 .
Applications are now closed.
The Maghreb School is supported by an educational grant from Novo Nordisk Health Care AG, Switzerland.
- Announcement details for 2019 Maghreb School
- Maghreb School will take place over four days – Tuesday 19th, Wednesday 20th, Thursday 21st and Friday 22nd November 2019, with arrival on the night of Monday 18th November.
What to expect
- Delivery in French
- Interactive lectures given by the teaching faculty
- Case presentations by each student
- Presentation of student research projects
- Critical evaluation of selected publications
- Analysis of an e-learning case from the Maghreb
- Small group teaching: Student and teachers clinical case and research project presentations; presentation of student research projects; teachers’ clinical cases
- Read the report from the 2018 Maghreb School
How to apply
- Application form
- CV with list of publications and presentations
- Letter of motivation
- Letter of recommendation from a senior colleague
Participants who apply for membership for the year immediately following their attendance at a school will be entitled to one year's free ESPE membership. Please note that this does not apply to existing ESPE members.
ESPE Maghreb School 2019
Delegates of the 2019 Maghreb School are able to access course resources and information with the login information provided as part of the registration.
If you are a delegate and do not have the log in information please contact the ESPE Office.