The Maghreb School aims to promote the training and education of paediatric endocrinologists in French–speaking North African countries. For five days, an international faculty of French-speaking teachers and 25 students cover selected topics in paediatric endocrinology and diabetes. The seminar features interactive lectures by the teachers, student case presentations, research project workshops and small-group meetings.
The next Maghreb school will be held in Algeria from 19-24 November 2018.
Applications are now closed for the 2018 school.
- Maghreb School will take place over four days from Tuesday 20th November to Friday 23rd November, with arrival on the night of Monday 19th November and departure on Saturday 24th November.
- The venue this year is Hotel AZ Palm Beach in Algiers, a small and friendly hotel situated by the sea and with direct access to the beach.
What to expect
- Interactive lectures given by the teaching faculty
- Case presentations by each student
- Presentation of student research projects
- Critical evaluation of selected publications
- Analysis of an e-learning case from the Maghreb
- Small group teaching: Student and teachers clinical case and research project presentations; presentation of student research projects; teachers’ clinical cases
How to apply
- Application form
- CV with list of publications and presentations
- Letter of motivation
- Letter of recommendation from a senior colleague
Participants who apply for membership for the year immediately following their attendance at a school will be entitled to one year's free ESPE membership. Please note that this does not apply to existing ESPE members.
The Maghreb School is supported by an educational grant from Novo Nordisk Health Care AG, Switzerland.