The Maghreb School aims to promote the training and education of paediatric endocrinologists in French–speaking North African countries. For five days, an international faculty of French-speaking teachers and 25 students cover selected topics in paediatric endocrinology and diabetes. The seminar features interactive lectures by the teachers, student case presentations, research project workshops and small-group meetings. The School is designed for doctors in training who have at least 3 years of experience in paediatrics; six months or more of experience in endocrinology; and who hope to develop a career with a major interest in paediatric endocrinology.
ESPE is pleased to announce that the 9th Maghreb School will take place this year in Sousse, Tunisia from 19-22 November 2019 .
Applications are now closed.
The Maghreb School is supported by an educational grant from Novo Nordisk Health Care AG, Switzerland.
- Announcement details for 2019 Maghreb School
- Maghreb School will take place over four days – Tuesday 19th, Wednesday 20th, Thursday 21st and Friday 22nd November 2019, with arrival on the night of Monday 18th November.
What to expect
- Delivery in French
- Interactive lectures given by the teaching faculty
- Case presentations by each student
- Presentation of student research projects
- Critical evaluation of selected publications
- Analysis of an e-learning case from the Maghreb
- Small group teaching: Student and teachers clinical case and research project presentations; presentation of student research projects; teachers’ clinical cases
- Read the report from the 2018 Maghreb School
How to apply
- Application form
- CV with list of publications and presentations
- Letter of motivation
- Letter of recommendation from a senior colleague
Participants who apply for membership for the year immediately following their attendance at a school will be entitled to one year's free ESPE membership. Please note that this does not apply to existing ESPE members.