ESPE Connect Webinar Series
The ESPE Connect Webinar series is a new initiative which aims to cover all main topics in paediatric endocrinology and diabetes during the course of the editorial calendar. We look forward to bringing you a wealth of topical and expert content throughout the year to enhance your education and knowledge.
Webinar 1 - Rickets from a different perspective
Agnès Linglart, Paris, France
16.00 CEST Tuesday 6th July 2021
- Introduction- Prof. Rasha Hamza, Cairo, Egypt
- Nutritional Rickets – Prof. Zulf Mughal, Manchester, UK
- Genetic Rickets – Prof. Agnès Linglart, Paris, France
- Questions- Dr Abdelhadi Habeb, Madinah, KSA
- Closing- Prof. Rasha Hamza, Cairo, Egypt
Professor Rasha Hamza
Dr. Abdelhadi Habeb
- Chairman of Paediatrics at National Guard, Madinah, KSA and the ASPED Secretary General.
- Trained and practiced in the UK for 15 years before moving to Madinah, where he has a large cohort of children with rickets and various metabolic bone diseases.
- His main research interest is monogenic diabetes; but published in different areas of paediatric endocrinology and recently selected as an associate editors for the Journal of Pediatric Genetics.
- The convenor of the ASPED ESPE Endocrine Academy, the coordinator of the ASPED Live Webinars and a member of the SC of the ASPED ISPAD Diabetes Academy.
- A Fellow and examiner for the UK Royal College of Paediatrics and Child health, and a member of the ESPE education & training committee.
Professor Zulf Mughal
Professor Mughal graduated in medicine from the University of Liverpool, UK, in 1978. He received postgraduate training in Paediatrics at hospitals in Manchester, Liverpool, in the UK and in Cincinnati, USA. He was appointed a Consultant Pediatrician in 1988. He is currently employed as a Consultant in Paediatric Bone Diseases at the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital. He has extensive experience in management of childhood bone & mineral disorders. Professor Mughal has published >180 peer reviewed scientific papers, invited reviews and book chapters. Professor Mughal was awarded the Charles Slemenda Award at the 7th International Conference on Children's Bone Health in Salzburg, Austria in June 2015 in recognition for his contribution to Paediatric Bone Research. In June 2021, Professor Mughal was awarded the Dent award by the Bone Research Society.
Professor Agnès Linglart
Agnès Linglart is a Professor of Paediatrics at the Bicêtre Paris Saclay University and Hospital in Paris, France. She has been the national coordinator of the Centre of Reference for Rare Disorders of Calcium and Phosphate Metabolism since 2007 and of the network for rare bone diseases OSCAR. She is also involved in teaching activities in pediatrics and endocrinology; since 2017 she has been vice-dean for the Department of International Affairs of the Paris Saclay faculty of medicine. She is also involved as chair of the Strategic and Finance committee of the European Society of Paediatric Endocrinology (ESPE).
Professor Linglart attended the University of Paris Medical School, going on to complete a PhD in Biology and PhD at Paris Descartes University, Paris, France. From 2003 to 2005, she held a postdoctoral fellowship at the Endocrine Unit of Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA, before working as a senior research scientist and a pediatric endocrinologist in Bicêtre Paris Sud Hospital, Paris, France. Professor Linglart's area of interest is pediatric endocrinology, with a particular focus on rare diseases affecting bone metabolism, calcium and phosphate homeostasis.
If you’re an ESPE member, all of our ESPE Connect webinars will be free to attend. If you’re not a member you can join, and receive all of the additional member benefits, or you can register for the webinar a small fee of €25.
This webinar is sponsored by and