The aim of the school is to support paediatricians who have entirely or partially completed their basic paediatric training and who are now either established in, or intending to develop a deep and continuing interest in paediatric endocrinology and diabetes.
The 2019 Winter School took place from 22-28 February 2019 in Qalaalti Hotel & Spa, Shabran, Azerbaijan.
ESPE Winter School aims to support paediatricians who have entirely or partially completed their basic paediatric training and who are now either established in, or intending to develop a deep and continuing interest in paediatric endocrinology and diabetes. Since its inception in 1996 until 2019, the Winter School has been very kindly sponsored by Ferring Pharmaceuticals. The school is now supported in full by ESPE. The course was held over 5 days (6 nights) and included interactive lectures by experienced ESPE members, with the aim of covering all main topics in paediatric endocrinology. These lectures were supplemented by small group sessions discussing teachers’ cases; and case presentations by the students.
The course also included an introduction into clinical research with presentation by students of research proposals and projects in small groups, and presentation of selected work to the plenum. T
Applications for the 2019 Winter School are now closed. Details of the 2020 School will be available in due course.
The Winter School Steering Committee:
- John Gregory, Cardiff, UK (coordinator)
- Gunduz Ahmadov, Baku, Azerbaijan (host coordinator)
- Veronique Beauloye, Louvain, Belgium
- Serap Turan, Istanbul, Turkey
- Justin Davies, Southampton, UK.
We look forward to receiving your application!
What to expect
- Interactive lectures given by the teaching faculty
- Case presentations by each student
- Presentation of student research projects
- Critical evaluation of selected publications
- Small group teaching: Student and teachers clinical case and research project presentations
Participants who apply for membership for the year immediately following their attendance at a school are entitled to one year's free ESPE membership. Please note that this does not apply to existing ESPE members.