These awards recognise outstanding scientific work by practising paediatricians who are ESPE members. The evaluation is based on the overall quality of a candidate's CV in this regard and, in particular, on three original publications submitted by each applicant.
Two awards are made each year. Candidates should be still in Training or no more than 5 years in a Senior (PI) role.
Nominations are now closed.
- All applicants must be sponsored by two members of ESPE.
- Sponsoring members must prepare for their applicant a nomination proposal which highlights the research contributions made by the submitted papers and the essential role of the applicant in the research projects.
- Current members of ESPE Council and the Andrea Prader Committee are ineligible for this award.
- Candidates may only be considered for one award each year. If a candidate is nominated for more than one award, they will be asked to choose which award they wish to be considered for.
- Applicants must be practising paediatricians who are ESPE members.
- Candidates should be still in training or no more than 5 years in a Senior (PI) role.
- A minimum of 3 nominations is required for this award. If fewer than 3 nominations are received the AP committee may reopen nominations for the award.
- All nominations will be acknowledged by email.
- The prize is awarded through final selection by the Andrea Prader Committee.
- The decisions taken by the Andrea Prader Committee are based on the overall quality of the candidate's CV, the sponsor letters, and the three original publications submitted by each applicant.
- The successful applicants will be notified by the Secretary General by the end of June. Candidates who have not received notification by this date should assume that they have not been successful.
How to Apply
An applicant must submit the following information in electronic format:
- Three original papers, published or accepted for publication, in international peer-reviewed journals. The candidates should be the first author of at least one of the papers.
- An up-to-date full CV and a list of publications, including H-index.
- Two sponsor letters from ESPE members .
- Application form.
- All nominations must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click to show previous winners
2022 Dr Dulanjalee Kariyawasam, Paris, France
2022 Dr Angela Lucas-Herald, Glasgow, UK
2021 Dr Sasha Howard, London, UK
2021 Dr Willem Staels, Brussels, Belgium
2020 Dr Tero Varimo, Vantaa, Finland
2020 Dr Nicolas Nicolaides, Athens, Greece
2019 Dr Sabine Hannema, Leiden, The Netherlands
2018 Assistant Professor Laetitia Martinerie, Paris, France
2018 Dr Valentina Chiavaroli, Chieti, Italy
2017 Dr Philippe Lysy, Brussels, Belgium
2017 Dr Antti Saari, Toivala, Finland
2016 Dr Loredana Marcovecchio, Chieti, Italy
2016 Dr Tanja Kuiri-Hänninen, Kuopio, Finland
2015 Dr Tulay Guran, Istanbul, Turkey
2015 Dr Andrew Dauber, Cincinnati, USA
2014 Dr Pauliina Utriainen, Helsinki, Finland
2014 Dr Joerg Oliver Semler, Cologne, Germany
2013 Dr Jacques Beltrand, Paris, France
2013 Dr Cosimo Giannini, Chieti, Italy
2012 Dr Leandro Soriano-Guillén, Madrid, Spain
2012 Dr Antonis Voutetakis, Athens, Greece
2011 Dr Nils Krone, Birmingham, UK
2011 Dr Helen Storr, London, UK
2010 Dr Martine Cools, Ghent, Belgium
2009 Dr Felix Riepe, Keil, Germany
2008 Dr Luisa de Sanctis, Turin, Italy
2007 Dr Antje Korner, Leipzig, Germany
2006 Dr Mirelle Castanet, Paris, France
2005 Dr Christa Flück, Berne, Switzerland
2004 Dr Taneli Raivio, Helsinki, Finland
2003 Dr Jose Moreno, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2003 Dr Delphine Jaquet, Paris, France
2002 Dr John Achermann London, UK
2002 Dr Annemie Boehmer, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
2001 Dr Ken Ong, Cambridge, UK
2000 Dr J Dötsch, Erlangen, Germany
1999 Dr Heiko Krude, Berlin, Germany
1999 Dr Evelein F Gevers, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
1998 Dr Martin Wabitsch
1997 Dr Päivi J Miettinen, Helsinki, Finland
1997 Dr Gerhard Binder, Tübingen, Germany
1996 - not awarded -
1995 Dr Olaf Hiort, Lübeck, Germany
1994 Dr Peter Clayton, Manchester, UK
1993 Dr Jesus Argente, Madrid, Spain