Postponed and rescheduled ESPE activities
13 May 2020
The whole world has, of course, been reeling from the impacts of this year’s pandemic. We know that medical and scientific professionals globally have been facing unprecedented challenges. Our thoughts have been with you all.
We have made the difficult decision to postpone or cancel all face-to-face events this year, in order to protect participants, healthcare systems and the wider public. We are working with convenors to reschedule schools and symposia or roll them over into their usual slots for 2021. The latest dates and deadlines will be included on our website as they are set and current details as we have them are listed here:
- ESPE Liverpool (ESPE’s annual meeting) will now take place Friday 7- Sunday 9 May 2021.
- ESPE Schools will not go ahead in 2020. Applications/ accepted students will be rolled over to next year.
- ESPE Summer and Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism Schools will take place in May 2021, alongside the postponed ESPE Liverpool.
- Dates for other ESPE Schools will be set and publicised on the ESPE website in due course.
- The Science Symposium on congenital adrenal hyperplasia scheduled for October in Nijmegen, The Netherlands, will be postponed until autumn 2021 (date to be confirmed).
- The call for hosts for the 2021 Science Symposium has been withdrawn and a call will open for 2022 hosts next year.
- The Undergraduate Achievement Award deadline will be extended to align with the new abstract deadline for the postponed ESPE Liverpool.
- Other grant deadlines have remained in place, but with flexibility and the likelihood of longer than usual review times and project start dates.
- The Clinical Fellowship deadline has been extended from 31 May to 30 September.