Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism School
The aims of the Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism School are to provide up-to-date teaching in some selected areas of diabetes, obesity and metabolism and to promote discussions and interactions between young physicians and senior paediatric endocrinologists and to develop future leaders in Paediatric Endocrinology.
The 2018 ESPE Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism School was held in the European Cultural Center of Delphi, Greece from 30 September to 2 October 2018.
Details of the 2019 School will be available in the new year.
What to expect
- Interactive lectures by renowned ESPE members, with the aim of covering all main topics in diabetes, obesity and metabolism.
- These lectures will be supplemented by small group sessions to discuss teachers’ cases as well as case presentations by the students.
- An introduction into clinical research with presentation by students of research proposals and projects in small groups.
- Presentation of selected work to the plenum.
How to apply
Applications should include:
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation from the Head of Department
Participants who apply for membership for the year immediately following their attendance at a school are entitled to one year's free ESPE membership. Please note that this does not apply to existing ESPE members.