Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism School
The aims of the Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism School are to provide up-to-date teaching in some selected areas of diabetes, obesity and metabolism and to promote discussions and interactions between young physicians and senior paediatric endocrinologists and to develop future leaders in Paediatric Endocrinology.
The 2018 ESPE Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism School will be held in the European Cultural Center of Delphi, Greece from 30 September to 2 October 2018.
- The course will start on the morning of Sunday, 30 September 2018 and will end on Tuesday, 2 October 2018 around lunch time.
- Accommodation and meals will be provided free of charge. Due to budget constraints, travel costs will not be covered.
- The school will be conducted in English. A good command of this language is essential.
What to expect
- Interactive lectures by renowned ESPE members, with the aim of covering all main topics in diabetes, obesity and metabolism.
- These lectures will be supplemented by small group sessions to discuss teachers’ cases as well as case presentations by the students.
- An introduction into clinical research with presentation by students of research proposals and projects in small groups.
- Presentation of selected work to the plenum.
How to apply
Applications should include:
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation from the Head of Department
Participants who apply for membership for the year immediately following their attendance at a school are entitled to one year's free ESPE membership. Please note that this does not apply to existing ESPE members.