2018 ESPE Science Symposium
Aimed at paediatricians and basic researchers, to promote the dissemination of new scientific knowledge within the paediatric endocrinology community, developing an interactive network and closing the gap between scientific research and patient care.
The 2018 ESPE Science Symposium on Science of Gender: evidence for what influences gender development and gender dysphoria and what are the respective influences of nature and nurture will take place at the Tavistock Centre, London, UK from the 18-19 October 2018.
The ESPE Science Symposium is supported by Pfizer.
If you are interested in hosting a future ESPE Science Symposium, please visit our Host an ESPE Science Symposium page.
- Evidence for what influences gender development and gender dysphoria and what are the respective influences of nature and nurture
- What are the potential psychological – psychosocial impacts of endocrine treatment for gender dysphoria and the science behind this.
Programme - to follow shortly
What to expect
The duration of the meeting will be 1.5 days and 2 nights
- Travel to the meeting Thursday morning
- Lectures Thursday afternoon
- Networking dinner
- Full day of lectures Friday
- Networking dinner
- Travel home Saturday morning
- A maximum of 25 free places for young clinicians and scientists defined as those who are less than 8 years (full-time equivalent) since completion of doctorate training.
- Up to 60 places available for a registration fee of €80.00
Representatives of the ESPE Science Committee and the Local Organising Committee (LOC) will jointly review the applications for the free places.
How to apply for a free place
The following documents should be submitted by the application deadline.
- Application Form*
- Letter of support
- Publication list
All applications must be submitted electronically to the ESPE Team by 1 July 2018.
All applications will be acknowledged by email. All applicants will be notified by the ESPE Team within one month of the deadline date. Failure to submit applications electronically may result in delays to the process.
*Please download and save the application form before you complete it.
Registration will be opened following the application deadline for free places.