Caucasus & Central Asia School
ESPE Caucasus & Central Asia School aims to support paediatricians who have entirely or partially completed their basic paediatric training and who are now either established in, or intending to develop a deep and continuing interest in paediatric endocrinology and diabetes.
The next ESPE C&CA school will be held in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan from 22 to 25 October 2018.
- The course will be held over 4 days (5 nights).
- Arrival: Sunday 21 October 2018. Faculty members and students (from countries outside Tajikistan) will be met during the day at Bishkek airport and travel by coach to the hotel.
- Departure: The course finishes on the morning of Friday 26 October 2018
- Accommodation and meals will be provided free of charge, and travel grants will cover a train or reasonably priced plane ticket to Dushanbe railway station or airport. Travel fees will be remunerated in euros during the meeting.
- The meeting will be conducted in Russian and English (slides in double projection) and a good command of either of these languages is essential.
- Before the School, fellows will be provided with login details for the ESPE e-learning programme, where main topics will be available in both Russian and English. Self-study of the e-learning programme prior to the course is highly recommended.
What to expect
- Interactive lectures by experienced ESPE members and pediatric endocrinologists from Caucasus and Central Asia, with the aim of covering all main topics in paediatric endocrinology.
- Lectures supplemented by small group sessions to discuss teachers’ cases.
- Case presentations by each student.
- The course also includes an introduction into clinical research.
- Presentation of student research projects.
- Critical evaluation of selected publications
- Small group teaching: Student and teachers clinical case and research project presentations
How to apply
Applications should include:
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation from your department director
Applications must be submitted exclusively by e-mail to the Caucasus & Central Asia School Steering Committee Coordinator, Dr. Alina German.
Applications will be assessed by the ESPE Caucasus & Central Asia School Steering Committee, and students will be notified of their acceptance by 31 May 2018.
This year preference will be given to applicants from the Caucasian and Central Asia countries – Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan.
Participants who apply for membership for the year immediately following their attendance at a school are entitled to one year's free ESPE membership. Please note that this does not apply to existing ESPE members.